WHY PROCRASTINATING WILL DAMAGE YOUR CHANCES OF SUCCESSPosted: 6th Jan 2016 by DG CORPORATE
2016 is going to be a very exciting year. Happy New Year Everybody!
I've read two books over Christmas that have been enlightening, one being The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle and Jab, Jab, Jab, RIGHT HOOK, by Gary Vaynerchuk about how you can optimise your social media network. I highly recommend you pick these up today.
This blog post was inspired by a friend.
For over a year he has been procrastinating about getting his website finished. He is highly successful and owns a global business. However, with just one holding page, minimal content and no team page, it's no wonder why he's losing NEW business by the day.
We've all procrastinated, the price we pay often amounts to feelings of guilt, severe loss of productivity and an increase of stress.
STOP PROCRASTINATING TODAY WITH MY TOP 5 TIPS:
1. HAVE A CLEAR OUT. Spend a day clearing out all the junk that clutters your working environment. Clear the clutter on both your computer desktop and office space. Clutter makes us feel overwhelmed, depressed, confused, and stuck. Throw all clutter away today, but don't limit this to just desktops and office space, your mind may need the same treatment. Write down everything that's on your mind, then prioritise the tasks that are urgent and throw away the ones that are irrelevant or have become unnecessary.
2. STOP THINKING, START DOING. Over-thinking is futile, you will never know how something will be like until you experience it. Start working on your dream right now! Thinking about it will not achieve the success you crave.
3. CREATE DAILY LISTS. Creating lists every morning will ensure you have a productive day, however, it's about quality, not quantity. Keep it simple! Focus on prioritising only the important things, no more than FIVE tasks a day, and make the top priority something that will move you closer to realising your dreams.
4. FOLLOW INSPIRATIONAL PEOPLE. Follow a few outstanding people that will inspire you to shift gears and fulfil tasks that will help you succeed.
5. AVOID EXTREME PERFECTIONISM. Perfection is the main reason people procrastinate, within reason, perfectionists achieve great results, in the extremes they don't. If you keep searching for extreme perfection, you're never going to accomplish anything. Get something done today, then improve and evolve your project as time goes by.
Blog CategoriesAIM HIGH, CONFIDENCE BOOSTING TIPS, CORPORATE FASHION TIPS, COUPLES PHOTOSHOOT EXPERIENCE, EXPERIENCES, IMAGE 1ST, LinkedIn CORPORATE HEADSHOTS, PRESS, PROCRASTINATING, REVIEWS, SUCCESS TIPS
July, May, April